Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Time Zones

Time zones is a region of the globe that observes a uniform standard time for legal, commercial, and social purposes. They tend to follow the boundaries of countries because it is convenient for areas in close commercial communication to keep the same time. Earth is a sphere that is divided into 360 degrees of longitude. Divide 360 by 24 time zones (one for each hour of the day). This equals 15 degrees. Each 15 degree band of longitude is assigned to a standard time zone. We also had a big discussion on whether we should have the whole world on the same time or keep time zones. It would be less complicated if we didn't have so many time zones. The time zones also aren't in a straight line because they don't want one city to have to times. Train, bus, and other things would be so confusing because you would know what time it was on. You could be an hour late or early because of the time difference. I had a quiz today on South American and North American countries. I used an online quiz and I did it many times to study. I think I got all the questions right on the quiz. It was also nice to have a word bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Laura....

Dear future Laura,     The date is June 2nd, 2020. I hope you are great and in good health and enjoying life. I hope most of your dreams...