Monday, February 10, 2020

Textbook Questions

Today in class we worked on textbook questions while some kids took a quiz that they missed. I answered the questions in my notebook. Then I put them into my blog and worked on some other homework. Here are the questions we had to answer.

1. define these terms: Mycenaean, Trojan war, Dorian, Homer, epic, myth
I am not going to define all these terms again since they are in my notebook. 

3. what impact did nearness to the sea have on the development of Greece?
The sea provided important transportation routes, connected Greece with other societies, and helped with trade.

4. what aspects of culture did the Mycenaeans adopt from the Minoans?
They adapted the Minoan writing system to the Greek language, decorated vases with Minoan designs, they influenced Greek religious practice, art, politics, and literature.

5. why were the epics of importance to the Greeks of the Dorian period?
They could tell of there history through spoken word, and learn about it, the poems also celebrated heroic deeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Laura....

Dear future Laura,     The date is June 2nd, 2020. I hope you are great and in good health and enjoying life. I hope most of your dreams...