Monday, January 6, 2020

First Day Back

Today was the first day back after a long two weeks. I did not want to come back but here I am anyway. We got to see our exam grades, he called us up and told them to us individually. I got a 90%, I thought I did good enough and I am happy with my grade. During that we had to look up what guns, germs, and steel was. It is a book and its about how the advantage of one society over another is not based on race or intelligence as some historians have claimed but instead on geography. It was published in March 1971. Jared Diamond wrote the book. It is about what jump started the growth of some areas as oppose to others. Its sub title is The Fate of Human Societies. An example is when the Europeans had guns and they fought the Native Americans. It shows how much the Europeans grew compared to the Native Americans. The germs is about the disease that killed small, poor countries and how it didn't affect the people that gave it to them because they had more medical care. After we discussed it for a little bit we started the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Future Laura....

Dear future Laura,     The date is June 2nd, 2020. I hope you are great and in good health and enjoying life. I hope most of your dreams...